Alright, COVID-19 has really cramped our style as far as working out in the gym goes. Lucky for us, we quit the gym and built our own in our garage. But not everyone has done that or wants to do that. So, what do you do now that gyms are closed???
Here’s what I thought I could offer today. Body weight only workouts that anybody can do! Seriously! All you’ll need for these is a floor (and a mat or towel if you want some padding). Use these to stay safe and stay active. They’ll range in intensity and you can always modify to make more or less intense. Keep getting your sweat on!
AMRAP stands for (as many rounds as possible). The beauty of these is that you set your own time then try and complete as many rounds as you can in your allotted time. Here’s some below.
- 21 push ups
- 15 air squats
- 9 burpees
WOD 2 “showing Covid-19 who’s boss
- 19 lunges
- 19 pistol dips
- 19 step ups (use a chair if you have no box jump)
- 19 burpees (don’t hate me)
For Time WOD’s
Complete these workouts in as little time as possible! You could really test yourself and put a time cap on it!
- 50 push ups
- 40 GHD sit ups (or regular)
- 30 med-ball squats (or use anything that has some weight to it)
- 20 jumping lunges
- 10 calorie row/assault bike/ski erg (OR run 800 meters if you don’t have any of those machines)
- 1 mile run
- 25 burpees for every 400 meters (scale burpees to your level of intensity)
Those are 4 fun WOD’s to get you started. Give them a try; I’m sure they’ll challenge you. You can use equipment or go totally body weight. Have fun with it and make the most of this time! Quarantine doesn’t have to be lame.